23 April 2014

Severe Upper Abdominal pain = Abdominal Rashes

It took time for me to update the blog because of this unexpected non.itchy, severe abdominal rashes.. As far as I can remember, the only food I have eaten that day was porridge.

But prior to that, 3 days ago I have experienced an escalating severe upper abdominal pain that radiates to my left upper quadrant.


The pain occurs every hour for like 1-2 minutes and when the pain goes out, it's like nothing happened. The pain is very annoying because every time that food is introduced, the pain comes back over and over again. Sometimes I already tend to have nausea and vomiting.  

The worst part is, the pain tends to occur every 2 to 4 o'clock in the afternoon.  And since I was afraid to consult myself to the experts, (even if am in the medical field), I tried to save myself for some over the counter drugs (over the counter means you can able to buy medicines without Doctor's prescription). I have taken Omeprazole 40 mg one capsule at around 10 in the morning. When I have introduced water first, the pain starts attacking again which lasted for a minute. 
 
The pain is like stabbing you inside the stomach over and over again and it feels like you'll faint if the pain won't go away.

Though the pain smoothed down after an hour which is a relief and the pain is still there but it's not having the same intensity prior on taking the medication. After an hour again, I realized that when the pain comes, it starts to have gurgling sound. Like if put your hand on the abdomen, you don't need any instruments like stethoscope to hear the sound.

 
I recognized that I already keep coming back to the comfort room and was already having a diarrhea. (Diarrhea is a condition of having three or more loose or liquid bowel movements, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diarrhea)

I asked Papa for help already because I feel like I'm going to die by now. The pain goes round and round and the omeprazole that I have taken was not able to satisfy my needs.

So my papa, went to the kitchen, served me a deliciously hot porridge, made a banana soup (which is amazingly delicious) and bought a Gatorade. It's  a juice drink used to help dehydrated patients or people (especially athletes) re-hydrated.

The pain still occurs though, but it's not as painful as it was before. The power of Papa's love is immeasurable.  Anyways, and there again, after having a delightful meal, the level of my happy hormones suddenly dropped down to the most deep and distressed hormone I have ever felt. The pain ascended to it's highest level ever, like from the pain scale of 5 rises up to 15. Damn! I was not myself because I feel like the pain was slowly killing me. I guess I could still handle other pains than this. I prayed a lot for God that If this was His way of getting me, please take me now because I can't take it anymore. 

I took another over the counter drug named Hyoscine N-butylbromide, the generic name of Buscopan. Based on my experiences during doctor rounds, this drug is commonly given to those patients with severe  abdominal pain but as PRN only. PRN (Pro re nata) as medically termed, as needed or as the situation arises.

Papa decided to fire down the hall, I mean rushed me to the hospital because based on him, he exaggeratedly thought I was dead considering the fact that I was so pale and was barely opening my eyes.  And for the reason that his daughter is very hard headed, insane and unreasonable, he decided not to.

 I am scared of knowing my disease. I am frightened when the Doctor might say you still have months, or years left before you die. I am in the medical field and I do know literally what I was talking about, what might be the complications for the disease that I might really have, but I'm still human, you know. I have fears. Just because I am a member of the experts, doesn't mean that I do not have the right to refuse. I know myself better than anyone else and I have faith in God. 

So, the pain woke me up in the middle of the night. The pain I felt that time was not stabbing but undeniably alarming because it was supposed to be healed at least by this time. And then, they finally got what they want in the first place. Me, being hospitalized.

So, in there, they gave me everything what I have given myself at home. But instead of P.O meds, (Per orem which means oral administration) they gave me IVTT. They are medications that are diluted and given through intravenously. They gave me omeprazole 40mg i vial IVTT now and 15 minutes later, they gave another shot of hyoscine n-butylbromide 1 ampule in slowly IVTT.

I stayed at the ER for almost an hour before I was ushered to  my room of choice and the pain I felt that time was not as painful as it was before, and Thank you Lord.  The pain still occurs in the mid-afternoon and my watery stools is still watery. I have stool exam, urinalysis and CBC. And thank God, all negative. I mean, negative stool exam and urinalysis. But my CBC was not that okay since I have high WBC (white blood cells) which again in medical term means having an infection. So, where is that infection come from when the compensatory mechanism of increase WBC is fever? I do have the same question for that so, i don't know the answer.

And here comes the doctor explaining here and there. Hmm. My admitting diagnosis was gastroenteritis.  It's just like a stomach flu though not related to influenza virus but some kind of a stomach problem. So, to make the story short, I was discharged after 2 days of examinations and the pain is not occurring and painful as it was in the beginning. 

Two days after the release, I noticed rashes all over my stomach. I might call it severe non itchy, abdominal rash for it was all around the stomach area and I don't know where it come from when  as far as I can remember, the only food I have eaten that day was porridge. So, porridge might be the cause of the rash? 

Hmmm. So for now, I'll stop here and will just update you soon enough! Xiao! 

Thanks for the time and hope you enjoy reading this. Stay blessed everyone and be careful with your body.

2 comments:

What do Ghosts Really Look Like?

This is the most common question that I've been always asked by people who believed, and who do not believe in ghosts. I, myself have a ...