08 October 2023

Stairs

 


Based on a True Story 

It was just an ordinary afternoon. I was reading a Harry Potter book in my room. Usually, when I'm alone in the room, I always close the door but at that time, I just left the door open. My younger sister and I were just two at the time. She was in the living room watching TV. 

Our house has a third floor. My room was on the 2nd floor and just next to the stairs. I was 14 years old at that time and what happened that day was one of the most unforgettable events in my life. 

While I was in the middle of reading, there seemed to be a child with a long face, wearing a red cloak slowly coming down the stairs from the third floor. He was on tiptoe and seemed to be trying to walk in a very quiet manner. My whole body went cold and I stopped my breath when I saw him stop his descent, and slowly turn to me. 

I closed my eyes for just a few seconds, and when I opened my eyes, he was in front of me. He has no eyes. His nose seems to have been removed. And his mouth has no teeth. I screamed but I couldn't hear my voice. I can't move no matter how I tried. The only thing I could feel was the very cold thing resting on my back.

I closed my eyes again and I heard my sister screaming. I was like superman flying down the stairs. She said, she saw a child with a long face wearing a red cloak that came down and seemed to disappear like a bubble.

I'm 34 years old now, and that incident was one that finally opened an eye. An eye that should never be opened. 

2 comments:

  1. Still remember the boy on the stairs 😱

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. it's one of a kind kaya never siyang nakakalimutan.

      Delete

What do Ghosts Really Look Like?

This is the most common question that I've been always asked by people who believed, and who do not believe in ghosts. I, myself have a ...