07 March 2018

Japan's BEST Anime Movies


Are you an anime fan? Or perhaps Japan's anime movie lover?

Watching anime movies or series is NEVER a waste of time. Well, somehow some people might just have different tastes though but aside from all the fun and excitement that these movies can bring, it expresses life lessons, conveys meaning of friendship, love, hope and many other things.

So why do we prefer anime over real life movies? You guys must be thinking why but I have some quite reasons that can help make change your mind though it will still be your decision in the end.

Carry: "The reactions which are given by anime's can never be given in real life. For example, as you all know, anime is totally controllable in terms of actions, faces, voices etc. In romantic animes, short and cute girls are made with cutest voice chosen. Different types of feelings are shown by blushing their faces (which irl movies are sometimes hard to understand) which attracts viewers. In action animes, the actions are shown which are never possible irl. Let's take an example of Tokyo Ghoul series. Those people who have seen that movie know about the wonderful twist.

Well, there are thousands of anime series or movies you might probably know but let's go rundown the best by far and most favorite anime movies I have watched so far.


This was the first ever movie I have watched and opened my soul to the world of Japan anime. Spirited Away is a story of a 10 yr old Chihiro and her parents stumbled upon a seemingly abandoned amusement park. After her mom and dad turned into giant pigs, Chihiro meets the mysterious Haku who explains that the park is a resort for supernatural beings who need a break from their time spent in the earthly realm and that she must there to free herself and her parents. I don't wonder why it is Japan's highest grossing anime film.


Howl's Moving Castle is a perfect example of both that popularity (It was nominated for Best Animated Feature Oscar) and of how the genre defies easy classification. This story, populated by whimsical characters, often as if it's aimed at children; it frequently reinforces healthy lessons about the importance of family and friendship.


I was already pre-warned by my bestfriend about this movie. Grave of fireflies is indeed a very sobering, adult tale of how the bombing of Japan during World War II affects two impoverished children, determined to survive on their own term. Definitely a devastating heart-stab of a movie certainly not a family film. It is, however, a beautifully constructed, animated drama. And I promised myself not to watch this movie ever again.


The Girl who Leapt Through Time is a dazzling and engaging take on both the coming of age story and the time travel story. Rather than using time travel to change the course of big historical events, Makoto uses her ability to try and alter the little moments between her and her bestfriends, boys Chiaki and Kosuke. It might be a little boring on the first scenes but it's definitely worth watching.


Wolf Children is a great movie. Not really the best but it's the kind of movie that will be forever remembered. It's constantly moving but in a quite way. The movie about all kinds of love and while it is admittedly an idealized version of love, a story of the sort of unselfish, uncomplicated love that only exists consistently in movies, it is truly lovely. 



Your name is one of the highest-grossing anime film in the history of Japan anime. A teenage boy and girl embark on a quest to meet each other for the first time after they magically swap bodies. What this film has to say about how we experience time and loss overpowers the demands of logic. What I love most of this film? The soundtrack. :)


5 centimeters per second for me is quite probably one of the most confusing anime I have ever seen. I have to rewatched it over and over again just to get the point of the story. The movie tells of a love that's slowly torn apart because the lovers move further away, both in heart and in home. It's actually a very nice movie. Hahaha. Seriously.


Wonderfully a Studio Ghibli of the animated drama story about a schoolgirl. With it's wonderful marriage of dreamlike flights of fancy and touching rise of passage. Whisper of the Heart could bring a tear to a glass eye. Inspirational.


My most favorite anime film of all. Gentle and nostalgic. From up on Poppy Hill is one of Studio Ghibli's sweeter efforts -- and if it doesn't push the boundaries of the genre, it remains as engagingly lovely as Ghibli fans have come to expect. I love their music soundtrack. Like I mean, all of the songs.


I wasn't ready for this movie. Nobody even pre-warned me. I never sobbed ever on a movie. T_T From that time on, I promised myself not to see this movie ever again, not unless I wanted a trigger. Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda (Anthem of the Heart) re embraces the theme  of "expressing yourself", reminding people that it is okay to to speak out their true feelings about anything.

Even from the start of this movie, I was already crying. This is the best anime drama I have ever watched in my entire anime life. I usually watched this movie every time I wanted to cry. People famed it as "the anime that will make even the most jaded heart weep". Well, I couldn't agree more.
Anohana: The Flower we Saw That Day is no doubt one of the saddest anime I have ever watched. But, it is also one of the most uplifting. The story it tells is so painfully real, so emotionally raw, that it will cause even the most jaded heart to weep.


That's some of the lists for now. Tune in next week for the next list. 

6 comments:

  1. Good Work.
    Surely try to watch that movies.. Salute to Carry who had written meaningful lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you love something truly it's hard to find reasons,you just do without knowing why. Same is with the anime it's actually hard to explain for me why I love anime but at the same time I found sir carry's reasons as the voice of my heart.
    And about the list I can say it's wonderfully compiled with heart touching animations. One thing that I think can be edited is the title.It can be changed light hearted or in particular slice of life as it doesn't include big hits from action.And in the end one personal recommendation:koe no katachi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job. Great work by both of you guys. But it can be more interesting from reader's point of view. I am not criticising it. Btw loved your work. Waiting for another one!!

    ReplyDelete

What do Ghosts Really Look Like?

This is the most common question that I've been always asked by people who believed, and who do not believe in ghosts. I, myself have a ...