There is something about this photo that makes me smile.
Not because we all looked nice in our scrubs. Not because we finally found a few quiet minutes in the middle of another busy day.
But because this photo reminds me that every shift and every long day, these people became part of my life without asking for permission.
I never expected that somewhere in between, these familiar faces would become my friends. And these friends, would eventually become people I would struggle to leave behind.
Funny, isn't it?
Nobody tells you that one of the hardest parts of working abroad is not the workload.
It's the people.
Because one day you'll wake up realizing you've memorized their abilities and personalities. You know who smiles even when they're exhausted. You know who says "I'm OK" when they're clearly not. You know who needs silence after a difficult patient, and who copes by making everyone laugh.
And I began carrying these little pieces of each other without even noticing.
I don't think people realize how much nurses rely on one another.
Patients often see one nurse.
What they don't see is the team standing quietly behind that nurse.
The one you thought was angry, when in reality, that's just the way she naturally speaks.
The one who notices you've skipped lunch and secretly saves you food.
The one who says "I've got this", when they see you're already overwhelmed.
And the one who makes a terrible joke at exactly the right moment just to stop everyone from drowning in stress.
These things never appear in job descriptions, yet somehow, they're the things that matter most.
Looking back, I honestly don't remember every difficult shift ever since I came here. The stress faded. Even the problems that once felt impossible eventually disappeared.
But the laughter?
I definitely remember that.
The random conversations while waiting for a patient.
The teasing.
The birthday surprises.
The photos taken in between responsibilities, or the moments when we laughed so hard we forgot how tired we were.
Sometimes, I wonder if that's how God gently takes care of us. He doesn't always remove the difficult days. Instead, He places the right people beside us to help carry them.
Maybe that's why I believe the greatest blessings don't always arrive wrapped in miracles, but sometimes they arrive wearing blue scrubs.
And if there's one thing this journey has taught me, it's this:
People are temporary.
Shifts end.
Contracts expire.
Clinics or Hospitals change.
Countries change.
Life moves on.
But kindness has a strange way of outliving every goodbye.
So if any of you are reading this...
Thank you.
Thank you for every laugh, every encouraging word, every shared burden, every silent prayer, and every ordinary moment that quietly became one of my favourite memories.
Because if people ask me what the best part of my job was...
It was never the job.
It was you.๐
And as I looked at this photo, I realized something. We weren't celebrating anything special. There was no grand occasion. It was just another ordinary day at work. And maybe that's what makes it so precious.
I'm grateful that for a little while, God allowed our paths to cross. Thank you for becoming part of my story. I hope, somehow, I became a small and happy chapter in yours too.
Goodnight.๐ป

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh๐ฎ๐จ๐ฎ๐จ๐ฎ๐จ dang! BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN Dear!! Sooo lucky of them to get to know u…..i wish im your workmate too! It would be an honor to be part of your blogggg!๐ฉ
ReplyDeletejune june june๐๐
ReplyDeletesuperb!
ReplyDeleteThese words, are so you.. ๐
ReplyDeleteIt’s so nice you use the real picture๐
ReplyDeleteI am dying to meet you, June. I want your autograph!!
ReplyDeleteMs June, I have to say, you’ve developed a very recognizable voice. I’m your number one fan, really.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading it, for real..
ReplyDeleteall pretty ladies๐
ReplyDeleteNew follower and reader here๐
ReplyDeleteMay i know the name of the right side of the pic? She looks pretty…
ReplyDeleteall of you are pretty
DeleteHi June! May I know if you’re a pure Filipino? Or you’re half Chinese?
ReplyDeletehow are you writing these so damn fckin good????
ReplyDeleteI like the one on the left side of pic..she is beautiful
ReplyDeletethese workmates of yours are so lucky to be part of this blog๐ฎ๐จ
ReplyDeleteJune! You’re absolutely beautiful! I finally found your blog. Anj told me about it ages ago and kept going on about what an incredible writer you are. I honestly didn’t expect to get so hooked once I started reading, but here we are.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I actually wrote a little Wattpad story about you, Dane, and Yuri. Have you had the chance to read it yet? I’d love to know what you think.
I really miss you, hey. Even if you’ve probably forgotten about me by now, I’ve never forgotten you or all the adventures we had back in our college days. Those memories still make me smile, and I genuinely miss those simpler times.
If you’re happy to, send me your mobile number. I’d love to catch up properly after all these years. It’d be great to hear how life’s been treating you, what you’ve been up to, and where life has taken you.
Hope you’re doing well, June. Looking forward to hearing from you. Take care!
I loveee it!!!!
ReplyDeleteIs the center of the picture still single?
ReplyDeleteI came here expecting a light read. Now I’m emotionally attached to people I’ve never met.๐ญ
ReplyDeleteHR should include this blog in the orientation.
ReplyDeleteI smiled the whole time… then suddenly I was crying. Rude.
ReplyDeleteleft side of pic is pretty please say HI for me.
ReplyDeleteI love the whole picture too! Maybe also because of the color combination of their scrubs?
ReplyDelete๐ The way you write makes me want to become a nurse… then I remember I faint at the sight of blood.
ReplyDeleteI agree left side of pic is pretty๐
ReplyDelete๐ญYou’re the only blogger who can make me laugh ๐ and cry๐ฉ in the same five minutes.
ReplyDeleteSuddenly I’m considering a career change. Is your clinic hiring? Asking for… myself. ๐
ReplyDeleteI have no idea why I’m crying reading your blogs!!??
ReplyDeleteI don’t know what’s brighter, the clinic lights or your smile.
ReplyDeleteWhoever gets to work with you every day is luckier than they probably realize.๐ฅบ๐
ReplyDeleteI would’ve forgotten my own appointment just staring at this beautiful team.๐
ReplyDeleteWhoever you post in your blogs, always become famous. Pleaseeee includeee meeeee
ReplyDeleteYou always manage to find beauty in ordinary moments. Maybe that’s why people keep coming back not just for your stories, but for the heart behind them.
ReplyDeleteIf someone handed me one of your recent blogs without your name on it, I’d probably know it was yours. It’s conversational, reflective, quietly humorous, and anchored in gratitude and faith. That’s not something many writers achieve, it usually takes years to develop a voice that readers can recognize. Good job June. Job.Well.Done. ๐
ReplyDeleteI love you
ReplyDeleteKeep writing this way!๐
ReplyDeleteJune!!!! Your blog has been featured!!!!๐๐๐๐๐๐๐๐๐๐๐๐๐๐
ReplyDeleteI pray you never stop writing. You have no idea how you give hope to someone like me whos struggling everyday, by just reading your day to day post….you give me hope and most esp faith in God. So please, don’t stop writing good stories.
ReplyDelete